Smile campaign rationale

In the past the company mind has done many campaigns such as the ourbluexmas campaign which was targeted at helping people at Christmas time when it comes to weather and food and the do one thing charity which was made to help inspire people to do one thing for someone that makes them feel better. For the smile campaign I think I will in a way combine these kinds of campaigns together as smile is all about seeking help from mind and also letting people know that it’s ok to take breaks in order to get your mental health better.

Stress is usually is a temporary feeling that usually doesn’t last long (acute stress) and stress is mostly comes from one situation or problem which the victim of said stress fixes or slowly goes away there is a sense of relief and calmness which is why I think my advert is good for smile campaign as it shows all of the stages of what someone dealing with stress has to deal with.  

The assignment is to create a Advertisement for mind which is to help reduce stress in people through smile through the smile campaign. My idea for a minds smile campaign is to appeal to teenagers around the ages of 16 to 20 and have a large interest in video games. The way I have discovered what my audience profile is, is from conducting my own primary/audience research. This advert with show a male teenager who is struggling with stress due to college work being to much for them and also having to deal with writers block and by the end of the smile campaign advert the protagonist finds stress relief in playing all different kinds video games and playing with his friends and having  then because of their break from work the see a new outlook on the work they are doing and they are able to continue with their work stress free. 


I created a survey on survey monkey and asked such questions asked do you video games make you happy and what age are you and what gender are you? This is where I got all of my primary research and I believe it’s a very useful survey as it shows that there is a audience for the kind of advert I want to create for  minds smile campaign.

The reason I have such a focused view on what my audience will be is because I have done research into mental health in the uk and also conducted my own research into mental health issues and what people do to help with their mental health. 

Evidence to show that my advert is a valid investment I have the research to back up the claim that there is a clear and loud audience for the kind of advert I wish to make. For Example in a online poll conducted by the mental health foundation shows that out of 4619 people the majority of 74 percent had struggled with major stress issues that were considered overwhelming and unbearable. This definitely shows that there is an audience that’s suffers a lot from stress and overall bad mental health in the UK so this advert will definitely help and make a difference as it lets viewers that are like that mentally, empathise with the protagonist of the smile campaign advert and may change their mind on their outlook on work and how they should be doing it as they should be taking breaks in between to let them relax and not overwhelm themselves with stress.

Feedback 

During my research and surveys I have gotten a lot of feedback on the story of the advert I plan to create One of the people who gave me feedback was Maddison . Maddison feedback for my advert for smile was this “using games to target teens is great but you should go deeper with the themes of stress and what it can do a person and also you should plan out what your advert will be, scene by scene”. Because of this feedback This is something I am going to take in and I will make storyboards and scripts that specifically show what each shot in my advert will be used for along with what’s the shots camera movement, framing, shot size, camera angle, the shots focus and what kinds of transitions will be used in the smile campaign advert.

Matty gave me some very positive feedback saying I “I love that you used video games to appeal to teens, as stress is massive situation in teens and video games are a great way to deal with stress as it lets you forget about problems in your life, and it lets them escape to a new world and have fun”. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/iYxpf9jbBtI?feature=share

https://youtube.com/shorts/kyB_HlUEOg8?feature=share

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile campaign cast and crew

Smile campaign post production diary