research for existing products

I have researched into charity adverts that help with mental health and I have found a pattern in the way that they are made as they always end with saying in some ways that its ok to ask for help when I comes to your mental health and speaking to people is the best way to get past mental health problems.

This pattern is an idea I could possibly use in my very own advert when I make it as its a great final word to leave on an ad about bettering your mental health.

In mental health adverts at the beginning of the colours we look at are usually very muted and meant to invoke a sense of dread or a sense of feeling uncomfortable in the audience and as the advert goes on and as our protagonist betters themselves The colours become more brighter to show their mental health has improved.

"We All Have Problems" - Mental Health Awareness Ad - YouTube


In this advert below the ad focuses on what the person with mental health problems feel and I think this is a good thing to use in my ad as it makes the audience sympathise with a main character and help sure the characters journey and helps the audience understand the trouble is that people with mental health have so this would be a very good thing to add to my advert for smile.

A very good thing they use this specific add above is that they use a shallow focus to help guide the viewers eyes towards our main protagonist of the ad and helps us be put into the mindset of the character as everything in the world fades away and the focus and pressure is all on them. I would love to use this in my advert but I believe I can only possibly gain the illusion of this through a premiere pro as I Will be filming on an iPhone 11 which doesn’t have the ability to film with a shallow focus.

The colours used in this ad are very good as they have colour created this advert to prefer the colour orange and yellow over all others. The reason they choose to do it this way is because of colour theory, colour theory is the idea that certain colours can invoke emotions in people subconsciously. It is widely known in colour theory the colour yellow is mostly linked with the emotion fear and orange is linked with happiness. I believe this was a mistake but was an intentional use of colour theory and it’s something I will definitely be using in my advert for smile.

  I Can't Breathe - Mental Health Is Health Campaign | CAMH - YouTube


In this ad I believe that the message is to seek help when it comes to mental health problems instead of dealing with it all by yourself. I think this is a great message for people with mental health issues so i will most likely try to incorporate something like this in my advert for smile campaign. 

In this advert production design is one of the most important elements as the set design is meant to invoke a feeling of sadness in the the viewer as its a nice and comforting place that is in a different situation would be nice but in this one is meant to clearly juxtapose the sad story of this main character. This is something I could you still advantage in my advert as it could very much help the audience sympathise with the main character of my story.

Another great Element of this advert is the Quick one second shot which are meant to show the protagonist of the adverts mindset as it goes from a slow and long shot to quick paced shots that are meant to show that the main character is freaking out because of their anxiety disorder. This could be something I could do myself for my smile campaign advert as it is a great way to go show how the character feels and also can be great for building tension and making the pacing of the ad faster and faster.

https://youtu.be/0m0-VEir34o

This advertisement above is an advert by mind which is something I would very much like to replicate in my advert for smile as the colours used are dim and dark to match the main characters feelings and to make the viewer feel the sadness and feelings of the protagonist in the advert. 

In this advert the rule of thirds is very much respected as throughout the whole advert the focus is always directly in the middle of the shot. This means that between shots the viewer doesn’t have to find what the main subject is meant to be between every shot as the focus is always in the middle of the shot.

Lighting is also very much a focus in this advertisement above as a singular light source lets the viewer focus on what they are meant to be looking at along with creating an atmosphere that is dark which links to the characters feelings. This is something I could use in my own smile campaign advert as this is a very powerful idea to use as it creates beautiful shots whilst showing what the subject is.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Smile campaign cast and crew

Smile campaign rationale

Smile campaign post production diary